Thursday, 13 June 2013

Life lately....

Oops, seems like I haven't blogged in a while... that must mean that life has gotten busy, and I don't have much spare time- which is totally true!

We are into June now, which means the countdown to baby #4's arrival is one! T-1 month to go! Eeeek! I have started getting things organized for baby's arrival... places for the kids to go when I have the baby (Thank you to my Mom for planning to take L for a few days, and Nate's Mom for planning to take the older two). One thing down. Oh, and I have set up the play pen where babe will sleep his first few months, washed all the baby clothes and blankets, and stocked up on diapers. Feels like I'm forgetting something, but thankfully my next midwife appt. we will go over things that I need to pack for the hospital, etc. You'd think since this is my fourth I would know what to pack, but I really have no clue! LOL.

And since we're all about excitement inour house, why not throw in 2 family camping trips before babe arrives? Yup. We are going camping for 4 days soon, and then 5 days later on. Thankfully this year we have upgraded to an (older) motorhome, so we aren't tenting anymore, but it seems like its just as much work for me for packing everything up and planning menus, etc. The kids helped packed their clothes yesterday and organized their outfits, that was quite the adventure. I think L was unpacking his clothes as quickly as I could pack them *sigh*. He's quite the busy little guy these days! But, we are looking forward to some family time before we become a family of 6 and have the business of having a newborn in the house. Oh, and throw in designing and building our next house, and there you have it. Yup, recently we purchased an empty lot to build our next house on! Very exciting. The past few houses we have had, we have gone through a builder, so this is our first time designing and building our own house. Hubby drew up some plans, but then wasn't set on them, so he's got some new ideas in his head. I completely trust him, as he builds houses for a living, and know that his design will be great- I just had to throw some things in there that I requested: 4 bedrooms, upstairs laundry, play room in the basement.. dishwasher.. you know, things that will make my life as a stay-at-home Mom more practical. 

The kids have been loving playing outside lately with the warmer weather.. except this week it hasn't been as great with rain, but they just put on their rain boots and out they go! The pool is filled up, but has a leak in it, so we have lost a lot of water, and with the colder weather, they've only been swimming once so far :( But they have their bikes and wagon and two little kittens to play with, so they stay occupied! :)



These pics are actually from May.. I keep forgetting to take pics with the actual camera, I'm always snapping pics on my iPhone... but you get the idea of how much they are growing. O is turning 6 next month, and is very excited.. N turned 4 in April, and L will be 2 in Nov. For the most part, they are really happy kids and love playing together, which is nice :) They are beyond excited for camping, and have been counting down the sleeps...
The older two have this thing lately where they wear their next days clothes under their pj's, so this way when they wake up they are already dressed :)
Watching a train go by on the way to church the other week. 
Anyways, better get going and get a few more things done before L wakes up from his nap- then its off to get Big Sister from school, and pick up two of their cousins who are coming over for supper tonight :) 
Have a wonderful weekend! 


1 comment:

  1. Did not know about baby #4! Wow, I missed it somehow! You will be busy this summer, or I guess busier!

    ReplyDelete