Ever wonder what a day in the life of a stay-at-home-Mom looks like? Here is just one of my days:
Thursday, September 6th, 2012.
6:00am- Logan wakes up for his bottle. I groggily make him one (after all, he did sleep from 6:40pm the night before, so a 6am wakeup, isn't too bad). I then go back to bed.
7am- Wake up to Olivia & Noah requesting cereal... then Logan gets plopped into bed with me by Nate before he left for work... he stinks like pee... so I get up to change him. Then I get Olivia & Noah's clothes out for them. Realizing a friend is coming over for tea at 9am, I quickly jump in the shower.
7:30am- I get to have a shower, while Logan plays with toys on the floor. Olivia & Noah decide they can get their own cereal, which results in Olivia coming upstairs saying "Uhh, Mom... Noah made a BIG mess of cereal on the floor in the kitchen". Great. I finish my shower quickly, and get dressed.
7:45am-Come downstairs to a small disaster of cereal all over the floor in the kitchen. After a quick sweep, Olivia & Noah are settled at the counter with their cereal and milk. Noah would like you to know he has "special milk, because he will get poopies from regular milk". Quote, unquote. LOL.
8:00am- I realize the hardwood floors are dirty already, so I do a quick sweep, and then mop.
8:30am- Breakfast time for Mom. Oh wait, no, not yet. Logan needs his breakfast. He sits in his high chair, munches on a few cheerios while I make him his oatmeal cereal. He gobbles it up in a matter of seconds (seriously!), and then he goes on the floor in the TV room to play with his toys. Olivia and Noah at this point are allowed to watch one tv episode on Netflix while Mom officially tries to wake up and has breakfast.
8:45am- Mom gets breakfast! A new record, before 9am! Toast. Delicious. Logan escapes out of the tv room at least 3x, so Mom has to go chase him and bring him back into the tv room. Olivia & Noah fight about what episode to watch on tv. And so it begins.....
9am- Realizing my dear friend is running a bit late for tea, I decide to be productive, and I started to bake cookies. (yes, at 9am!).... Noah decides he doesn't like the show Olivia is watching, so he helps me.
9:30am- Dear friend arrives for tea, just as a lady shows up to buy some of Olivia's clothes from me (from a selling group on Facebook). What was originally going to be a $3 sale for 1 tshirt, turns out to be $17- oh yeah!
9:40am- Cookies are baking/on the cooling rack... I almost get to make tea/coffee, when Mr.Logan decides to climb underneath the coffee table. First time ever! So what does Mom do? Runs to get the camera... just as I'm about to take a pic of Logan being so adorable, he falls off the little ledge under the coffee table. Meltdown!
9:45am- Logan has calmed down a bit. Olivia is now done her show, and decides to play with Noah & Logan. Olivia & Noah then decide they are going to have "naps" and build a fort with my "good" pillows on the floor... underneath my clothes drying rack. All while making a lot of noise, so Mom & her friend cannot chit chat while having tea.
10:15am- Kids FINALLY go outside!! Logan goes down for a nap... and cookies are all done, so we get to try them- homemade smarties cookies (I should write down the recipe- yum!). And Mom gets her coffee. Finally!
11:30am- Mom's friend (and sweet daughter) leave, and Olivia & Noah come inside from playing. They are "SOOO HUNGRY!!". They have asked for sprinkle sandwiches, with nutella and honey. So not happening. So they settle for sprinkle sandwiches (its a Dutch thing).
12:00pm- Mom realizes Logan is VERY behind on his immunizations, so calls the Pediatrician to make an appointment. Also makes an appointment for Noah's 3yr check up (although I think he has already had one) and Olivia's 5yr check up. After this appointment they are going to do an allergy test for Noah for the dairy issue. The receptionist totally had Noah & Logan confused, so it took me almost 10 minutes to get everything sorted out, and that no, Noah wasn't having the immunizations. Oh dear.
12:10- Mom then realizes that she needs to make a doctors appointment for her rotator cuff (work injury from years ago, but is causing a LOT of pain recently). Tells the receptionist I would prefer a Tues/Thurs appointment, as then I only have to drag 2 kids with me, rather than 3. She laughs.
12:30- Noah and Olivia decide to play in the kiddie pool, and Noah soaks Olivia, so she needs new clothes. Then Noah comes in to go pee on the toilet (which, by the way, he potty trained himself last week FINALLY- day and night!!), and he is completely soaked from the pool. Although he wasn't wearing his shorts, so who knows where those are. Ugh.
12:45- Olivia and Noah are back outside, Mom decides to get cooking for supper. Today I made a meal for a friend of mine, so I did a HUGE batch of Shepherds Pie.
2:00- Logan is up from his nap. He has a late lunch today, and then plays with toys on the floor while Mom finishes the dishes.
2:30- Get all the kids ready to go out to run a few errands. We have 5 stops: pick up some pj's for Logan at a friend's house, pick up some paperwork from the Toyota Dealership for the rear axle job Nate is doing on my Sequoia, pay the Moving Box for my storage bin update, then drop off meal to friends house (which they are actually on vacation, so their dinner/cookies are in my freezer now!), then p/u some pj's and an outfit for Noah at someone's house. We also stopped in for a quick visit to see Daddy @ work, since he is working in town!
4:15- We are home! And we survived! Thankfully my truck has a DVD player in it.
Now, because my dinner is already made and in my fridge, I actually got to play with the kids at this time of day, instead of rushing around making dinner, or whatever. Logan helped me read the paper by crushing it into bunches... and Olivia & Noah got a little hyper and started jumping on the couches. Is it bedtime yet????
5:00- Dinner is in the oven, and Daddy walks in the door at 5:25pm! New record! :)
5:40pm- Dinner is served- delicious Shepherds Pie & Garden Salad. Oh wait, I forgot about the complete MELTDOWN Noah had when we asked him to say his prayer before dinner. It resulted in him being sent to his room, and after screaming for about 10mins, he came down, said "I'm all done crying now", apologized to both Nate & I, and ate his whole plate of food. Logan had cut up chicken breast, potatoes and cheese. Such a big boy now!
6:10- Dinner is done, and Daddy begins working on Mommy's truck. Mom tidies up, while the kids play quietly (ha! Who am I kidding- they don't know what quiet is!)... Mom has to chase after Logan who keeps going over to the cords by the tv, for the phone, etc. Mom chases Logan away from all these cords about 20x a day. Perhaps we should move them?
6:30- Okay, its Mom's favourite time of day! BEDTIME! J/K. Kids had baths yesterday, so today is just pj's, brush teeth, bottle (Logan), and story time.
7:45- Kids are FINALLY all asleep. Yes! Tonight took quite a while for them to fall asleep. Logan was fussy, and wanted his back rubbed, or he likes to hold my hand sometimes (I know, precious!)... and Olivia was just hyper. Noah.. who knows... he just plain did not want to sleep. But, they are in bed!
8:00- Mom is ready for bed. But... Nate needs some help with my truck. 2hrs later, and he's done- so thankful for such a handy husband who knows how to work on vehicles- blessed!
10:22- Normally I am asleep by now (last night I fell asleep at 9am (oops!)), so good night!
P.S. I am pretty sure I missed some other things that I did today... one of these days I'd like to capture a day in the life with a camera... wouldn't that be fun?! And people wonder why I'm always tired :)
No comments:
Post a Comment