So I finally caved (well, not really caved), and joined the wonderful world of Pinterest. I am already addicted. There are so many fantastic ideas on there, from Organization, Fashion Ideas, Kids Stuff, Home Decor, Hair & Beauty, Inspirational Quotes, and Food Ideas... I have been on Pinterest for just over a week now, and already have 10 Boards, and 203 pins. Ummm.... yes. My very first recipe I posted, of course, was soup, and I made it this past weekend. Delicious!! And so easy to make! As you all know, I just LOVE soups. Vegetable soups, Chicken Soups, Tomato Soups, Cream of whatever soups.. etc. I pretty much had all of the ingredients on had, which was fantastic too (all except elbow noodles, which I later learned I can use just about any noodle).
Hamburger Vegetable Soup
Here is what you're going to need:
1lb. lean ground beef
1c. Celery, sliced
2 cans of stewed tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce (I just used Hunts tomato sauce)
2 envelopes of Onion Soup Mix
1/2 tbsp sugar
3/4pkg. of frozen veggies (I use the Green Giant carrots, corn, green beans)
1c. uncooked elbow macaroni
1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
1tsp. garlic powder (I didn't have the powder, so I used garlic salt)
Salt & Pepper to taste (didn't even add this, I kinda forgot)
4 c. water
Here's what you do:
Cook the ground beef in a small frying pan. Drain excess grease, and then pour into a large soup pot. Add the two envelopes of onion soup mix. Mix well. Add the celery and the water. Then add the stewed tomatoes (with juices) and the tomato sauce. Add the sugar, garlic powder, italian seasoning and salt & pepper. Stir. Toss in the frozen mixed veggies. No need to thaw- they will cook right in the soup. Mix well. Bring to a boil, and then let simmer for about 20 mins ( you want the celery to be soft as well as the vegetables). Then add in your macaroni. No need to cook the macaroni before, as they will cook in the soup. Cook until the pasta is tender. Make sure you stir frequently to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom.
We served this soup with french bread, and it honestly was delicious!!
Enjoy!!
Keep your eyes out for more Pinterest posts... :)
Happy Cooking!
No comments:
Post a Comment