Monday, 21 January 2013

14 weeks to an Organized home.

A friend mentioned to me a Pinterest pin called "14 wks to an Organized home". At least I think its 14 weeks. That's my goal, at least. Last week I organized my kitchen. I have to admit, its still a work in progress, as the island still doesn't have the sink installed or the plumbing done. And I still do dishes in my laundry sink, and air dry them on top of my washer/dryer, where at least 3x a week some dishes fall behind the washer. Yes, its annoying, and  yes I have been requesting a dishwasher. My husband, sweet as he is, just replies, "We have a dishwasher already, babe- its YOU!". Now that's love. LOL! But, I emptied out my pantry last week, dumped out the tupperware drawers and pots and pan drawers, and actually accomplished something! :) Here's my result:

I'm missing the coffee counter/stove, and my sink and washer dryer, pantry cupboards, etc,but you get the idea. Please keep in mind we're still renovating, so the fridge isn't even supposed to go there, and we have no trim. Oh well :)
Since its Year End time coming up for the business, I decided to get ahead of the game, and get my home office set up (last year I did all my paperwork at the dining room table, and it was a disaster). Hubby bought me a new work laptop since our other one died after 8years, so now I have no excuse not to have an actual "office". Well, its just my desk set up in the loft upstairs, but its off limits to the kids, and I can sit with a cup of coffee and get down to business haha. It was completely dis-organized and a mess, let me tell you. I should have taken a pre-clean picture, because its honestly a shame. But, the result is awesome: 
Yay for organization! Now, I just have to figure out how to hook up the laptop to the printer, and find some time to get started on my paperwork. 
I organized Olivia's room two weeks ago, but can't take a picture of it as Logan is napping. Well, he's supposed to be napping, but it whining in his crib. I'll upload a pic another day. Time for me to go!
Until next time....... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment