Thursday, 7 February 2013

Meatball Soup...

Who doesn't love a warm bowl of soup on a cold winters day- we all know I do! I am so thankful to finally be over the terrible nausea I have had for the past 16wks, and my appetite is coming back, too! Hurray! Yesterday I made a pot of Meatball Soup, and I decided to take step-by-step pics and upload them, so if anyone wants to make their own, they can! It is so easy :)

Ingredients needed: 

1 carton of Beef Broth
1 can of Tomato juice
10 Soda crackers (salt, pepper, garlic seasoning- I used salt because I didn't have any powder)
1/2 c. milk
Ground beef (I used 2lbs, as I was making a large pot, but you can use 1lb, too)
1 pkg. Tomato Soup mix
Spaghetti

First, soak about 10-12 soda crackers (broken up) in about 1/2 c. milk. Let them soak for about 10 minutes, until they are nice and soggy.



Then, bring your beef broth and tomato juice to a boil in a large pot.
(sorry for the sideways pic- still learning my laptop lol)


Now, add your ground beef to the soda crackers, and then mix in salt & pepper and garlic salt (or powder) to taste. But, don't taste it. Not a good idea! (it looks totally disgusting)

Now, roll into small meatballs like so:
Stir in your soup mix (I use the Dutch Tomato Soup mix- California Brand, but really you can use any tomato soup mix) and then add your meatballs in carefully, so they don't fall apart. Stir gently.

Simmer for about 30 minutes, and then add broken up spaghetti noodles, and simmer until noodles are cooked.

We had this soup last night with a garden salad (with Balsamic dressing), and it was delicious!

Happy Cooking :)



No comments:

Post a Comment