Thursday, 14 February 2013

Our Thursday morning excursion (including some amazing deals!)

Usually on Thursday mornings after we drop my daughter off at school, my 3yr old (N) requests a trip to Value Village.. he loves seeing all of the toys and checking if they have any new CARS diecast cars to add to his collection (we have accumulated quite a few these past few months from there, and such a good price, too!). Today since I just had some laundry to do at home later, I said "sure". The baby (L) likes going too, I think he knows by now he gets arrowroot cookies in the cart.. ;)
Today I totally hit the jackpot with my purchases. I wasn't really looking for anything, but had a few things in the back of my head that I hoped to find (Robert Munsch books for the kids, a nice punch bowl with those cute little cups, stuff for the motorhome for camping, etc). 

We have a system when we enter the store, N usually just wants to run to the toy section, but that's his reward for good behaviour :) First, we go to the book section to look for Robert Munsch books. These are the kids favourite books, and I can get them for 0.99 there which is a steal! We have quite the collection but are still missing lots of them.  We found 3 today- one is in almost brand new condition-score! Then we wander through the house section, checking to see if there are any matching plates/bowls to our kitchenware (I have broken a few of them since getting them, and have heard they get them in there sometimes), but today I didn't find any. But, I did find a darling punch bowl set, with the bowl, serving spoon, 8 little cups, and the little hooks to hang them on the edge of the bowl. I had a major craving for punch last week, and made some for company, but felt silly serving the punch in plastic cups, so this was exciting for me to find! Then while walking past the linens Logan spotted a stuffed bear blanket thing, and seemed to really like it, so we grabbed that. And even better was that there were two matching ones, so in case he becomes really attached to it, we have two! Sweet. Then we peruse through the back of the store where the furniture section is (I am looking for a book shelf for all of the kids books- right now they are stacked on white milk crates lol)... nothing there, but, in the electronics section, I happened to spot a Leap Frog Leapster, so I tried turning it on, and it worked! And came with a game- which is awesome.

Then we walk through the purse section, kids shoes, and then to his delight we made it to the toys... oh wait, we also quickly checked the maternity clothes section, but I didn't find anything.. so he plays with the toys, I check to see if they have any CARS (none today), and then I take a quick peek through the kids clothes. 3yr old went through a growth spurt a few weeks ago (finally!), and needed some new pj's, I scored a 1pc. Old Navy fleece pair (N said he wanted to match his little brothers LOL), and a 2pc. pair for him... then while peeking through 18 month clothes, I came across some Gymboree clothes, and let me tell you, I just LOVE Gymboree clothes. But, I have never paid full price EVER for anything in that store. I buy when on sale, and use my Gymbucks, and I have gotten some AMAZING deals, let me tell you! I love the quality, they wash amazing, and wear well too. And they are cute! So, I picked up L a firetruck 1pc. outfit, a long sleeve shirt (almost brand new condition), and a sweater. And then I got him a pair of MEXX jeans. 

By this time, I realized we should get going, as we had to get a few groceries and things at Wal Mart, and I like to keep L on a schedule for his naps (he has been BRUTAL these past few weeks for napping. Just sleeping in general has been awful. Napping only 1hr during the day, crying during the night, and then up for the day at 6am. Not cool, kid). So, we head to the front check out to pay for our stuff. The nice cashier told me that if I have the super savers club card (haha of course I do!), and if I spend over $25 I get 25% off my purchases. Awesome! So we start going through my pile of stuff, and here is what we got (price includes my 25% discount)

3 Robert Munsch books- 0.75 each = $2.23
Leap Frog Leapster w/ Dinosaur game- $4.00
2 Little bear blankies- $1.49/ea = $2.98
Punch Bowl set (bowl, spoon, 8 cups & clips) = $5.25

Old Navy pj's- $1.50
2pc. pj's- $3.00

Gymboree onesie- $1.50
Gymboree outfit- $3.00
Gymboree sweatshirt- $3.00
Mexx jeans- $3.00

Subtotal- $29.46
Total out of pocket w/ tax- $33.28





 I always do love a good deal!! The clothes (and bears) are about to go in the wash (I always do the hot cycle on my VV purchases), the Leapster has been sanitized and Noah is already loving it, and I am going to wash up my punch bowl, and figure out when I can use it (who wants to come over for a party sometime soon?).
Anyways, I'd say that was a very productive trip, and right now I have some delicious chili simmering in my crock pot for supper, the fireplace is going, Logan is napping, and I'm going to go switch over the laundry and perhaps have a cup of coffee.
Happy Thursday, everyone!!
Julie












No comments:

Post a Comment